What should I bring?
- A current California fishing license (annual or one-day). These can be purchased on-line, in advance (click here). We can no longer provide them on board. Please don’t forget the Sturgeon Report Card if you’d like to be able to retain a white sturgeon.
- Your lunch–keep in mind, there is a microwave on board!
- A comfortable hat
- A jacket
- Your favorite beverages (we provide bottled water and soda only)
- A modest size cooler for transporting your lunch to the boat and your fish to your home
- A camera
Where do you fish?
- We fish in the bay and in the open ocean depending on the season and what the weather is like. We’ll find the best spots for your trip accordingly.
What kind of fish can we catch?
- We fish for salmon, halibut, striped bass, sharks, bat rays, ling cod, rock fish, and dungeness crab
What if we don’t want to keep any fish?
- We do offer catch and release fishing. We normally target sharks for catch and release fishing as sharks are the most resilient.
Should we worry about seasickness?
- Each individual reacts differently to being on the water. If you can consult your doctor ahead of time, that’s always the best best preparation. Some over the counter products such as Bonine or Dramamine are sold to help prevent motion sickness.
How long is the trip?
- All of our trips depart at 6AM. The half day trip finishes between 11:30AM and 12:00PM. The full day trip finishes between 3:30PM and 4PM. Private charters can customize these hours.
Are your fishing trips family friendly?
- We are happy to have families and groups of all kinds on board. We are very family friendly.
How many people can we bring on a charter?
- We carry a maximum of 6 passengers. All passengers, of all ages, are included in this count. This is a U.S. Coast Guard regulation we must adhere to.
What happens if it rains?
- Weather happens in the Bay Area. As long as it is safe, we will fish.
Is the Warrior Poet wheelchair accessible?
- We are sorry, but the Warrior Poet is not wheel chair accessible.
What is your cancellation policy?
- All reservations require a credit card deposit, which is only held, not processed. All cancelations must be made 7 days prior to the date of the trip. Any reservations canceled within 7 days of the trip will forfeit the full fare for each reservation canceled. Any reservation canceled prior to 7 days before the trip will result in a lift of the credit card hold and no fees at all.
- Warrior Poet is more than a vessel for an awesome day of fishing; she is also the most comfortable setting in which to enjoy all the wonders that our bay and ocean have to offer. There is always something to enjoy on San Francisco Bay, whether it’s spectacular fireworks displays, breathtaking air shows, exciting sailboat races, patriotic ship parades, whale watching or the perfect sunset behind the Golden Gate Bridge. We offer not just fishing charters, but also bay cruises for any occasion.
Have another question? Ready to book a fishing day? Contact us>